tirsdag 11. februar 2014

Improving a image from the day before

Sometimes when I finish something, it looks incredibly off the day after. So last week I drew this Kung Fu Panda inspired cat/tiger girl with promarkers. I noticed the day after that absolutely everything was off. It had no sense of anatomy, movement or perspective. It was very lopsided, and I felt even embarassed to have put it out everywhere on my websites.

So I decided to redo the whole thing digitally. 

The image I did with promarkers...I'm just cringing by now. 

I did some heavy fix-ups with the new version. Included some actual perspective so nothing would float awkwardly. I proceeded to add flat color and shades untill I decided to try draw it linelessly, which is basicly my weak spot. I have a hard time with light and colors, so working these two together to shape something is difficult, so this was a simplistic image.

So this is the final image just 2 hours later. It really pays off looking at something twice. 
You are your own worst critic!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar